Saturday, April 12, 2008

loose ends

My daughter received her grade 5 ballet exam marks. She was 2 marks shy of distinction which she had set her heart and mind on achieving. Her instructors were quite sure she would achieve her goal so everyone was slightly disappointed. H has approved most dramatically this year. She is starting to find her groove in the world of dance. We are very proud of her successes and this grade result is one woman's opinion after 1 hour of time. She spent the evening feeling sad an is moving on to next year and intermediate foundation.

Today we are driving across the city to watch some ex-team members participate in a jazz festival. Later today she will audition for the competitive dance team at her school.

We are to hit 20 degrees C today. The sun is shining as I type and I need to find my sunglasses. I do believe this day will be the first day of spring.

The son and the father will walk over to the track field and get the lowdown on the football club. My son is making noises that this may not be the thing he wants to do after all. He is a bit of a free spirit. He wants to learn how to use a video camera, he wants to spend time fly fishing with his father. He wants to learn how to take B and W film pictures and develop his film. But, they will go and check out what is required.

Gardening... well maybe some planning of the garden. I want to change a few things. I want to make a couple of trips to the nursery without buying anything to get some ideas. We had arranged for some help to come with the front garden but for some crazy reason they have not called back and the number is now out of service.... how can that be in 3 weeks time?

My in-laws have returned from Arizona so we had to move all the darkroom chemicals and supplies from their bathroom - it is now sitting in my sun room with the snowboards and boots... remember how last week I was going to put them away. I didn't. So, we have reached a tipping point.

We will have dinner with the in laws here on Sunday. I am thinking about that meal too. I am so thankful for the extra day off today.

No comments:

Blog Archive