Thursday, July 10, 2008

dream on



I am reading this fabulous book. A couple whose last child leaves for university - they by a winery and move to Oregon.

It is timely. I have found a beautiful house on 13 acres. Not overly priced for the amound of land the quality of house. It has been on sale for at least 3 weeks. That is how long ago I discovered it. Each week I check to see if it is still listed for sale. We could never buy it unless someone, somewhere unloads a whole lot of cash-ola into our lives... but part of the land is planted in blueberries... whilst I was in dream mode I thought I would plant some grape vines....how fantastic would that be. Pretty darn fantastic I think.

It is a lovely read. Inspiring and interesting. I love wine. I love learning about it and drinking it. The novel brings back memories of when I worked in at a winery whilst going to university. I was in charge of the tasting room and the nursery. I tended baby grape vines daily and served the public wine and talked to them about the process of wine making. It was a most wonderful time in my life.

1 comment:

alice c said...

Isn't it wonderful to have dreams. My father always wanted a vineyard and eventually he bought a small farm and planted some vines. Last year we drank the first bottles of wine - it was magical.

Blog Archive