Sunday, August 24, 2008

football in the rain

My son played his first football game of the season. It was not just raining. We had a torrential downpour. The boys were soaked before the game started.

It was quite something to see. My son is fortunate to be swift on his feet and they are focusing on a running game... so he was kept very busy. He did well. I was a bit nervous to watch but he can hold his own on the field and was a delight to watch. He was smiling and having a good time.

Granted about half way through he said he realized that this was not their toughest opponent so he put his success in perspective. But, it certainly was a confidence booster.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Thanks for the comment and prayers, I'm so glad you have a swift of foot one as well.

Mine did a tackle which I missed as I was looking down at the moment (blush), it was wet, but they weren't soaked.

Blog Archive