Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Friday


It is a good day. The sun is shining. The skies are blue. The clouds will roll in later this afternoon, but we are not going to worry about that. Yesterday was a brutal day. Brutal in a ridiculous way. Today, we begin again.

Do you know Andrea? Check out here blog here Hula Seventy 
she writes some good words about moments. 

It is a game day.  It is jeans day and games day.  We have a wedding this weekend which is lovely.  Some garden work slated for the weekend.  Flowers for the pots - tend to the lettuce.

My daughter is gone for the weekend and I miss her already.  Just me and the boys.  I am writing a summer reading list - do you have any suggestions?  Send them my way. 

Peace out.

5 comments:

Kassianni said...

"Moonwalking with Einstein"
just finished. it's fascinating.
I've recently noticed that all I'm reading these days is non-fiction.
"The Value of Nothing" by Raj Patel. Also very good, very sobering, "The World Without Us" was scary.
"My Experiments With Truth: An Autobiography" by Gandhi, a sobering yet easier-than-I-thought to read book.

wv: cable

elizabeth said...

sorry for the brutal yesterday; was thinking of you...

books...

well, as I blogged about, a group of us here are reading _the ladder_ ... not easy stuff but I think what one of my friends said is that we don't have to worry about it being beyond us as our conversation about it will be on our level and so it will be okay...

I want to read the new book on Fr. George Calciu later this summer... a friend has it and will let me borrow it... would like to purchase a copy myself...

am finding that with my continual job searching and related activities, that I don't have a lot of time for many books at once... am too scattered as it is.

Matthew Francis said...

"Barney's Version," by Mordecai Richler, if you haven't read it already. My favourite summertime novel.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Summer reading list? How about The Summer Book by Tove Jansson.

MacrinaQuin said...

My summer reading list: as much of the Wordsworth Classics as this brain can manage.

You had a brutal yesterda... I had a brutal today. Tears. Fury. Fears. Worry. It passes, right?

See you tomorrow!

Blog Archive