Thursday, December 06, 2012

day 6 - #reverb12

Untitled

Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?

I had to take a few minutes to recollect where I was at last year... I was finding my peace with the raising of teens.... I think I have progressed further along the pendulum and I am less stressed by daily events.  But, I still struggle with the lack of control I have over their choices. I find parenting now to be ever challenging.  I have some regrets.  I wish I had spent more time with my son.

 In January I was still working for the other company.   I was heavier.  I have lost weight.  I am definitely more fit.  I had a goal to complete 10 chin ups.  I can only do 3.  But, I can do 17 push ups and I have not given up on the chin up bar.


I trusted my instinct and refused to remain in the safety of a big corporation.  I had my doubts at the 4 month mark but, now I am certain it was the right move for me.  I am highly motivated to succeed and I am eager to learn.   I sleep less.  Not from worry but from excitement.  There is so much to do.  But, in a good way.  Opportunities are boundless.


The story telling night was just an idea in my head.  Now it is vocalized to friends who are on board.

Life is still messy but good.





3 comments:

Kassianni said...

That last line is pure gold.

Messy but good. Indeed.

elizabeth said...

May God bless and keep you... glad for the good things...

d smith kaich jones said...

i am here from your visit to my blog and so glad to meet you. life is indeed messy, and that is the fun of it. we can always clean up later. :)

i want to tell you that i love your idea of a storytelling night. i often tell my online friends that we all just need a big campfire to sit around and tell stories. i would love to see something like this in my town, but i know my town . . .

i will be back. you have a lovely spot here.

Blog Archive