Sunday, December 09, 2012

day 8 and 9 - #reverb12

P1012763

Considering the idea that nothing lasts forever: what was the most important relationship that you fostered in 2012? 

How will you continue to nurture it in 2013?

The first relationship that came to mind is my husband.  Was the relationship fostered?  That is a convicting question.  I have been married almost 20 years.  I sometimes think - actually - I know I take this relationship for granted.  This past year we almost lost him.  Our lives could very easily be very different.  Our lives are changing.   Our children require less on hand parenting.  There is more time for us to work on some projects together.  Our love of photography in all its elements is something we share.  We have decided to make a quarterly date to shoot some photos in the city.   And date night.  I think we should  resurrect date night.

But, there is another relationship that needs fostering.   I need to spend more time in prayer.  I have been rather remiss.  I pray and I believe that we carry our prayers in our hearts at all times whether we know it or not... but, I also believe that prayer is work.  And I have been lazy.  My relationship with the Master of the Universe is a complicated one.   I need to put in more effort.  More discipline an more focus. 

As I work on setting goals for myself for 2013 - getting back to a regular rule of prayer is a priority.

Day 9
What was the best book you read in 2012, and why? (And by "Why?" I mean: Why did you read it? And why was it your favourite? Although these answers could be one and the same...!)

Easy.  The best book I read was the novel The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Why did I read it?  Because I have read other novels by this author and they have never failed to disappoint.  It was my favourite because the dialogue was real.  I live with teenagers.  The voice is authentic and story is moving.   I recommend it to everyone. 

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

beautiful and good; prayer can be a lot of work and it can feel like for years we are making no progress, so to speak, and then suddenly a spark of hope...

date night I am finding to be a wonderful thing.

blessings and love...

Blog Archive