Wednesday, August 20, 2014

catching up



These  flowers are all over my town.  They must thrive here - I have none in my garden - don't really need to because they are in everyone else's garden. 

After two weeks off - I am back to work at my day job this week.  I was a tad bit worried because I left Friday afternoon with several things not quite resolved.  I made a conscious decision to not look at my work email.  Someone else was in charge.  I let them be in charge.  I needed the break.  It was worth it.  I came back and while there were things that could have gone better - everyone survived.  Did I lose a sale? Yes.  Is it the end of the world?  No.  So that was a good experiment.  Do as much as you can, but then you have to just let go and trust someone else to look after your "stuff".  

Now I am back and in almost full swing to finish out August strongly.  

I have made a commitment to myself to join the 5am club.  I need to exercise regularly.  I have not been very consistent and I have not made adjustments to my eating habits and I have gained weight.  This is the first time in many, many years that I feel uncomfortable in my body.  So, getting up early.  Exercising.  Mindful eating ... these are all things that are happening now as I count down towards my 50th birthday.

We are watching Luther 






1 comment:

blackbird said...

oooh, 5am, then work?
I'm impressed.

Blog Archive