Sunday, March 12, 2006

In the garden




I found these little flowers growing in my front garden. I am looking forward to working outside and turning soil. Thomas and I have a lot of work to do this spring and summer. We just moved here last July so we waited to see what all was in the yard; before starting our major overhaul. We need to simplify the garden as we while we love to spend some time there... we also enjoy sitting in the garden and reflecting upon it. We look forward to inviting our friends to sit and visit with us this summer. But, the snow has hampered our progress. I am thrilled to be able to grow lettuce again this summer...

4 comments:

Matthew Francis said...

Lovely. I like those little snow-drops? Is that what they're called?

Krista and I are very much looking forward to putting in our first garden this year... flowers and vegetables.

Stacy said...

Lettuce? You're looking forward to growing lettuce? There's a lot of garden vegetables that I love and look forward to, but lettuce has never been among them.

mamachurchmouse said...

Maybe you've never tasted the difference between lettuce grown in someone's garden (lovingly) and lettuce bought from the store.

RW said...

Home grown lettuce is absolutely fabulous. It tastes nothing like store bought lettuce... which is usually without any taste. We like to grow red leaf lettuce, and I have grown romaine too.

We will grow some green onions and some radishes... these are always fun to grow as they are quick to respond the warm earth and sunshine and produce fruit within 60 days... when Hannah and Luke were small they took great delight in evaluating the process of our radish garden.

We turned our first earth yesterday and transplanted trees.

Blog Archive