Monday, March 26, 2007

don't be frightened children, it is just the Sun

The sun is shining two days in a row.

Here is what is going on today:

Must pay the parking ticket - remnants of the "my car is lost, no wait a minute it has been found saga" - I washed the parking ticket hence there is no reference no. - so I cannot use the automated system to pay and it is brutal trying to find a live person to apply the payment to the correct ticket.

Must call Acer - the church accounting computer had a virus so we wiped it clean and now we cannot get the $%^&* thing to acknowledge our wireless network. More waiting on the phone.

Go to accupuncture appointment

Need to buy food for the family.

Lunch with Rita to confer on the potential new job situation. I am fairly confident that I will get an interview so Rita and I will come up with strategies.

Visit the Pilates studio - my accupuncturist insists that I need to take a more agressive approach to maintaining my back health.

Call the Credit Union to have account moved to new branch with more convenient hours; and change the signers on our church account.

Research coffee makers - our Barista Aroma died about 6 weeks ago. I was very sad. I have had that coffee maker ever since I worked at Starbucks - I have tried several others - SEVERAL - all I want is hot coffee - brewed 200 degrees would be good - and functionality - the carafe should have a wide open neck so I can fill it directly from the water cooler; it should pour coffee without dripping all over the counter and down my white cabinets. Now, might be a good time to voice my opinion on white cabinets. They came with house - and yes they look very sharp when the don't have drips of this or that on the front. But they are HIGH MAINTENANCE. They are never completely clean. It is an ongoing project.

So- back to the coffee situation. This is critical. Right now we are using our French Press but that too is not practical when we have guests as we drink big cups of coffee - not tiny little french cups of coffee. Anybody have any good suggestions to check out?

Hannah meets with tutor for the first time today.

6 comments:

Joe, Stacey, Joshua, James and Matthew said...

Wow, you lead a busy life! Wouldn't it be nice if days off from work were actually days off! :P

RW said...

in my dreams stacey, in my dreams!

Amy said...

Wow, you have a full day. I just need to make a few phone calls, and take Owen to the park if the weather is nice.

Anna Zupancic said...

Hi R,
I've been enjoying your family's blogs-- it's good to stay connected to what's happening in the Wildeman's lives. Thanks for passing along the links. It was refreshing spending some time together the other day-- you too are a breath of fresh air and I love your perspectives on life! We should meet for coffee again (especially if you are now without your beloved coffee maker)...

elizabeth said...

hey! i have no idea about coffee machines, i wish you luck w. that... just wanted to say hi and that i wish you well and that i am so glad you are. (as in that you exist).

Mimi said...

Hurry up and wait, seems to be the theme here. Hugs.

As to coffee makers - I have a Mr. Coffee that I inheireted because I broke the carafe at the condo in Hawaii and we couldn't find a replacement on the island, so had to buy the whole thing, swap the carafe, bring it home and buy the replacement carafe here. It works fine, but has an annoying buzzer when the coffee is ready.

Blog Archive