Thursday, March 22, 2007

book meme

Found this on Mimi's Blog

1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
- makes no difference to me -

2. Amazon or brick and mortar? - I like to peruse books - I like picking them up and reading the inside front cover - then I note down the author/title and order them from the library.
-

3. Barnes & Noble or Borders? we don't have these in British Columbia

4. Bookmark or dogear? - bookmarks

5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Shelved by theme - generally speaking
6. Keep, throw away, or sell? - who throws away books. we buy books we want to keep a long time - we use the library for fictional reading - cookbooks etc. We have donated many children's books to the library.


7. Keep dust jacket or toss it? We keep them.

8. Read with dust jacket or remove it? I will keep it on.


9. Short story or novel? Both - short stories remind me of university - I have some favourites.

10. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
I prefer anthologies - if I have a collection to read - I don't read one story right after the other.

11. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? HP all the way!

12. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I read until I am tired and my eyes cannot focus.

13. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
"It was a dark and stormy night"

14. Buy or Borrow? - I am a huge fan of the public library

15. New or used? Makes no difference -

16.Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? I am always looking for suggestions. I browse chapters and write down titles I want to read; I browse the newly acquired lists for the local library - I have a note book in my bag that is strictly for future reading material.

17. Tidy ending or cliffhanger? I prefer a resolution

18. Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Currently, I read at night before bed. During my holidays I enjoy reading with a good cup of coffee - or on my deck in the sunshine.


20. Favorite series? Nancy Drew

21. Favorite children’s book? There is no way I could pick one - but I am fond of Phoebe Gilmans "Something from Nothing"

22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? I am certain you have heard of them

23. Favorite books read last year? Reread the Bridge to Terabithea by Katherine Patterson

24. Favorite books of all time?
The Chosen, My Name is Asher Lev, the Book of Lights all by Chaim Potok


25. Least favorite book you finished last year?

26. What are you reading right now? Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver, How to Crochet and the Canadian Small Business Handbook for Dummies, Get out of my life, but first could you drive me and Cheryl to the mall?


27. What are you reading next? Whatever arrives at the library

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

enjoyed this; i love N Drew too; and Cherry Ames, the Nurse Detective... and Vicky Barr, the Air Stewardess Detective... and... :)

Blog Archive