Monday, January 28, 2008

dishwashers and x-rays



Our new dishwasher will arrive the 4th of February. We bought a Stainless steel Blomberg SS from the clearance section. The Blomberg was a german company for the last 60 years recently bought by the Turks. It has a good reputation for being quiet; maybe not as quiet as the Miele brand but the price was right. It has a full warranty but the kickplate had to be replaced... do I care? NO.

Also on the 4th, we were to see the dermatologist in the city but we had to change that appointment as the daughter has to go to physiotherapy on her inflamed foot tendons.

We had an X-ray today to rule out a hairline fracture. My physiotherapist will treat H over the next few weeks. The ballet exam is at the end of February so it has been just a tad bit stressful the last couple of days.

It is still cold.

The heater in my car died on Saturday. I was frozen with disbelief. We checked the fuse. It is not the fuse. So, back to the car doctor again.... At some point we will have to make a decision as to how much we keep putting into car. I don't care about the heat so much but I don't have any defrost or defog options making it not very practical not to mention safe in the winter.

5 comments:

blackbird said...

...and it's only monday.

Kassianni said...

good news about the dishwasher.
sad news about Hannah.
will pray for our little ballerina.

Donna Farley said...

Ramona, send Hannah to have a look at this-- Dancing in zero gravity!

http://stardancemovie.blogspot.com/2008/01/pre-dawn-interview.html

meanwhile, hope her ankle is okay for her exams!

blackbird said...

My dear RW -
I've given you an award...read about it at my post today.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was wondering if you would talk a little more about your blomberg dishwasher? I'm thinking of getting one but information - ie reviews, etc - is extremely scarce. Does it clean well? Installation was alright, Any thing weird or that you'd change about it, Noisy, Quiet, Model number... that sort of thing.

I'd really appreicate it. They seemed to be competing with Bosch but at a better price point.

Sincerely,

Geoff
Toronto, Ontario

Blog Archive