Wednesday, February 20, 2008

planning ahead

My children will soon be 13.
How the heck did that happen?

I am taking a few days off at the end of the month so we will all be together. We are thinking about going away for a short jaunt up island. We will be smack dab in the middle of Lent. Western Easter is at the end of March and Pascha not until the 27th of April. I love it when Pascha is late as we benefit from much warmer weather and it makes for an overall more lovely picnic celebration.

I am looking for a couple of little things that they mentioned in passing. I still have a month to find them.

They are picking their art electives for grade 8. My daugter's first choice is dance and then visual art. My son's first choice is drama and then visual art. His first choice surprised me. I thought for certain he would choose art first then drama. He is quite keen on the tech aspect.... lighting - sound - etc.

We are well entrenched is Season 3 of Lost. I have to say that I will be happy when we are done so I don't feel so bound to the TV. But, there is no better way than to watch it without the commercials.

My sister is back from Hawaii - can't wait to see her.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

It sounds wonderful, but time flies, doesn't it?

We have the same thing - my oldest's birthday is the 28th of this month, so he's sometimes in Lent, sometimes not, but my youngest, his birthday is March 25th which is ALWAYS in Lent!

Anonymous said...

I love the late Pascha, too - I'm less likely to shiver uncontrollably for the procession, and it always feels better if the lilacs are in bloom.

Blog Archive