Wednesday, March 05, 2008

a grey wednesday


Again with the grey.

They say that we will hit 14 degrees today. And the sun will shine.

My daughter will stay home again. I don't see any sense in rushing her back. It is the end of term. On the other hand it is the end of term and she is missing the more relaxed days at school.

My son came home delighted he received an a in French. He doesn't particularly like French so he is quite pleased with his mark.

He also received 85% in Science and Math - but to receive an "A" he needs 85.5%. I am not a big fan of grade equivalency. Just use percentages. So, he in essence gets the same grade as someone who achieves 72%. Rather disheartening.

We are approaching Lent quickly. Always the same stupid food struggles. I try new vegetarian recipes and Mr. W doesn't like them. I really would prefer just to eat peanut butter sandwiches and be done with it...

2 comments:

Mimi said...

We go between Lentil soup, pasta, and vegetable rolls. Actually, there's more, but those are our "go to" dishes!

blackbird said...

I need to send Middle to you for a while to get his GPA up.
85 is a solid B here.

Blog Archive