Saturday, April 26, 2008

oh the harshness of it all

to the poor unfortunate soul that stole my son's bike from the school field while he was practising for the football team. I guess you missed the part about not taking what is not yours to take, or the "Thou shalt not steal" lesson. Or do unto others what you would have done to you... I guess you just saw his bike locked up and decided you liked it so you would take it. With no care to how much time and work and energy went into saving to purchase the bike and to make it truly his own.

I have to say I was filled with great anger and disgust this afternoon at the audacity of the action. My thoughts have tempered somewhat now and I have this to say to you.


Thus says the Lord:

I will take revenge and be satisfied. In due time their foot will slip, because their day of disaster is near. Their doom is coming quickly. Deuteronomy 32:35

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

2 comments:

blackbird said...

And I'll just say:
what goes around comes around.

alice c said...

I'm so sorry - what a horrible thing to happen on such a happy weekend.

Blog Archive