Wednesday, April 16, 2008

thinking about

flowers - I need to talk to my source for while tulips and lillies. I need to procur a bunch of both for next week. I need the lillies earlier... as last year they didn't open in time Pascha. We also need red roses or purple tulips for Holy Friday. I found some iris' which would be perfect but I need lots... so not sure how feasible that plan is. We could also use red roses for around the Shroud.

tea lights - I need to buy tealights.

cellophane - I need to buy purple or red to wrap the glass jars to hold the tealights for Holy Friday.

commitment - I need firm commitment from others to help assist the transformation of the sanctuary on Pascha. I need commitment from a few people to light the candles before the processions.

who is putting up the tents?

financial statements have to be signed and delivered to the lawyers

dress for Pascha - the pattern is cut out. the fabric sits folded on the blue chair.

chocolate has been bought and stashed away... do I remember where I put it?

cheese and deli meats - making the list - so far hungarian salami; jarlsburg cheese; french bread, decorated hard boiled eggs

eggs to be dyed - we will do that Friday during the day

3 comments:

alice c said...

How complicated it sounds and how glad I am to learn about your special celebrations.

Jess said...

I think I will be dying eggs next Friday, too.

What do you do with tents?

Just reading the word "salami" is making me drool. Perhaps I will do a salami and cheese fest for the potluck.

Kassianni said...

the tents are going up this saturday.
yay!
and the plastic flowers are vacating the building. double yay!
:)
quite a list.

Blog Archive