Thursday, August 07, 2008

stuff

I have been enjoying getting up just that tiny bit earlier this week in order to drive Hannah to her Bronze Medallion class. It is cool and quiet. I ventured outside and decided now might be a good time to water the gardens. I noticed my neighbour had their water on and since I am on the same side of the street - it is also my day to water... he is watering his lawn. Me, I am watering my flowers and my lettuce. Our lettuce has grown fabulously this year. We have reaped many salads. I did some pruning and I am about to plan some lettuce for the last part of the season. I will plant Romaine. We enjoy our Caesar Salads at this house. We have beets planted too. About 7 of them. Just enough to make one pot of borcsht this October.

I always feel so much more in control of my life when I do something productive in my garden. Or know that we will be enjoying the fruits of our labour. I wish I had more time to do more domestic type things. I have been working in a sketch book - just drawing and painting and thinking.

I have been reading too.

The thought of work has encroached upon me a little tiny bit - I keep shoving it to the back of my mind and suppressing the thoughts. Too soon. Tuesday will come soon enough.

I have been reading about metabolism and aging. Gah. Aging.

1 comment:

alice c said...

Yesterday one of my colleagues who is older than me but looks about 20 years younger gave me a complete lecture on diet, supplements and exercise. It made me want to go and lie down. I can see now that I should have run home and planted lettuce.

Blog Archive