Monday, September 15, 2008

fashion forward

According to the Globe and Mail's Weekend Lifestyle section the top 10 trends for spring are:

  • jumpsuits - not me - not ever
  • harem pants - you have got to be kidding...
  • silver and copper finishes - ok- jewellry - yes - clothing no
  • oversized bags - yes. I need a new bag and I like big ones.
  • layers - this I can do. I like layers
  • dresses - I'd like a new dress or two for the spring
  • cigarette pants - I think these would be OK too
  • geometric prints - I think I would have to make a decision on a case by case basis
  • saturated hues - a bit of colour is a good thing
  • architectural shapes - not sure what they are getting at.. there was no photo supplied
I am not usually a trend follower but I like to read about fashion and I will take note of interesting new details. Now, that I work face to face with the public - I do have to take care and dress appropriate for business - but maintain my inner funkiness.



4 comments:

Kassianni said...

I like cigarette pants, but at this point in my life, I'd only wear them with a shirt dress, which reminds me...

Mimi said...

I'm not sure I know what cigarette pants are. However, I LOVE dresses. Yay!

Harem pants, however, I wore once for Halloween and that will continue to be the last time.

alice c said...

Hold on to your inner funkiness whatever happens!

blackbird said...

I've been watching the coverage of Fashion Week and I think Architectural shapes have, so far, summed up to be neoprene tops which vaguely resemble wet suits - so we could pass on those.

Blog Archive