Monday, September 29, 2008

a sporting life

I had the pleasure of watching my son play football on the weekend. I am slowly learning what is happening on the field. I have to say it is the oddest sensation to watch him receive the ball and then start moving and break free towards the end zone - I am only one voice of many cheering him on and wishing him well.

Here they are prior to the game:
pre-game

My daughter has some issues with a tendon in her right foot. It runs under the arch and it is inflamed. She needs to not point her foot for a couple of weeks. And no pointe class. She thinks her world is going to end. It could be far worse - I say. Take a break now and rest your foot and it will heal. We need more supportive daily footwear - so fashion must be sacrificed for sport.

An injury to a dancer is not only physical but emotional. Sometimes the emotional overrides the actual injury. Add that to the fact the dancer is a 13 year old girl and you are in for a crazy ride.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Go boys! I totally relate to what you are saying!

And, prayers for your daughter.

Kassianni said...

we will pray that her foot heals.
that is harsh for her.

elizabeth said...

hope your daughter is feeling better! that is hard! hope she can find better shoes that she still feels good in; it is hard to be 13! that was one of my hardest years!!

Magdalen said...

Hmmm...
Is she receiving treatment for her foot anywhere? It sounds like plantar fasciitis. Has she gotten an official diagnosis? If she needs treatment, I'd be happy to help.

Blog Archive