Thursday, July 30, 2009

constant refrain

There is nothing to eat in this house.
Says my 14 year son who is officially taller than me and now taller than his papa.
Who gets up in the middle of the night to eat the leftovers.
Who drinks milk like nobody's business.

It is so hot - I cannot even bear to think of food let alone go grocery shop. I feel for the guy. We made a list and this weekend we will go shopping. I promised. I will be on holidays for 3 weeks and I am hoping it cools down. We are doing some meal planning and will try some new things. We will stock up the barren pantry.

*** update on the tent sleeping situation
spider attack - my billion bites on the arm are not mosquito bites but probably spider bites. gross. I brought out a cotton blanket and used two blankets - which kept out the dampness. Much better. I am feeling more rested.

2 more days of work.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Nice that you are going to try new foods; 14 years - sounds like he is growing like a weed, as they say...

soon your vacation; I hope the heat breaks soon.

Blog Archive