Monday, September 28, 2009

the greater good or bull crap

**** edited*** to say that he stayed home - greater good wins out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day some new piece of information about H1N1 comes home from school - a list of symptoms - what to do - what not to do - definitely don't come to school - don't go anywhere - stock up on tissues and soup and tylenol so you don't have to leave the house. Stay in your bedroom. Don't go to the doctor. Wash your hands all the time.

My children all have friends who have been sick and who have stayed home. My son is complaining of a headache and lethargy. He says he doesn't feel well. He doesn't have a fever at this point. He thinks he should stay home but I call bull crap! BUT, what if he is coming down with something. I don't want to add to the problem at school. I am concerned about how much school will be missed - because if he is not really sick now I have no doubts that at some time this fall the flue will hit hard. I am not looking forward to it but it seems a bit inevitable.

If he goes to school and complains of not feeling well ... I am sure he will just get sent home.
But, if he is calling Wolf and not really sick...

No comments:

Blog Archive