Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I love Tuesdays

I know Tuesday was yesterday but Tuesday is the day where there are no extra curricular activities scheduled that require leaving home. You have no idea what a delight it is to come home and know that you do not have to leave it again. Everyone was on the same page. We enjoyed a quiet night. We ate a good meal of brown rice and broccoli / chicken/ peanut sauce stir fry and we had the table cleared and the dishes done by 7.10 pm. A small miracle. I even exercised before I went to bed.

Today, Wednesday is a different day. Dance and football. I usually aim to do errands in between the pick ups and drop offs rather than drive all the way home. Dinner is a quick affair of soup and quesadillas.

It is definitely cooler. I am wearing my wool socks and a hoodie and I encourage my children to do the same. We have switched to flannel sheets. We have a rule about when we turn the heat on and it is not NOW.

There is snow on the mountains.

Bare legs - no way. Bring out the tights.

1 comment:

Kassianni said...

wednesday is my 'free' day.
it is bliss, knowing there is no running around to do.
tuesday is especially long. boys don't finish til 9.15. no wine for me tuesday nights. sigh.

Blog Archive