Friday, April 20, 2012

friday night

home alone
with Hannah who is post op and recovering from having all four wisdom teeth extracted.  she is a trooper. 

the son is at coldplay the concert.  apparently there is lots of confetti.
the husband is at a civilized party for a friend who is being wed next weekend.

pinot gris in the glass.  wine on the weekend.  friday night lights on the computer.

it has been a crazy couple of days.  yesterday was brutal.  rubber hits the road so to speak.  meetings and talks and reviews and changes and personal integrity.  you know big stuff. and then there is my life at home.

my children.  my husband.  my heart.  sometimes feels so stretched. love makes demands.

and then just when you hit a low point - there is a glimmer of hope.  light.  a possibility of something different.  and life goes on and forward.  


6 comments:

elizabeth said...

civilized parties are a good thing. thinking of you. sending my love. Christ is Risen!

blackbird said...

Hugs to you and Hannah.

MacrinaQuin said...

civilized - *snort*

it is always something when we are being stretched and pulled and challenged. but in this we also know there is growth and development, and in the end, it will have been for our good and the Glory of God.

hang in
hang on

Kassianni said...

did she tell you I messaged her yesterday afternoon asking where she was? I toc'd for her class! hope she's doing well.

Donna Farley said...

Ow, I didn't know she was having that done! Mag had several removed at once when she was in her early teens, and it was no fun. Hope she recovers quick.

Jane said...

I think we need those low points to make us appreciate the good times. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Blog Archive