Sunday, December 02, 2012

day 2 - #reverb12

336/365

What was your most significant spend?  It does not necessarily mean the biggest but, rather the one that cost you the most?  What difference did it make to your life?

Initially I read this question literally.  Where did we spend the most money?  We (because I am part of a we when it comes to big $ expenditures) decided it was in finishing the dark room.  It is a an awesome darkroom.  It is large enough to do good work and two people can exist in there comfortably.  It allows for Mr. W to continue to pursue his love of the photographic arts and I have to admit the last time I was in there and watched the photos come to life in the trays... it brought back some good memories of a life once lived.   But,  I don't think this is the thing that cost me the most.

What cost me most was letting go of a secure job/ position with a well established company in a solid industry.  I left behind an office with a door.  5 weeks of paid holidays.  RRSP contributions.   A non commission based pay cheque.  11 years of seniority.  I left it all in search of lighting the fire within.  I needed to do something else.  I had settled into complacency and it was killing me.  I nearly lost my husband in February and "life is fleeting" lesson took hold with a vengeance.  So, I pushed on doors till they opened and then I had to take the leap.  It was scary.  It still is.  There are days when I question my judgement and where it will all lead but, I can honestly say I love my new job and I am excited and enthusiastic about the work I do.  And just now in the last week things are starting to click and it is very good. I am under no illusions that it will be up and done and I am definitely living more on the edge which definitely makes life more exciting.  There is no room for complacency now.

No comments:

Blog Archive