Monday, March 24, 2014

updated with text


I took this photo this past weekend.  I have decided to use it as a guide post.  We generally walk this trail at least once a week.   I will take the same photo each time to track the change in seasons.  It is something.  I have really lost my creative way.  So, I am looking to start with small, baby steps and develop a discipline and order back into my life.  

Yesterday was a day of "woe is me. I am woe".  That is when I need to crank up the gratitude and focus on what truly is important.  Do the things I am able to do.  Have faith.  Trust.  I am right where I am supposed to be.  Instead of lamenting where I am and choices I have made, the only thing for it is to move forward and make different choices.  Feeling sorry for myself really gets me nowhere.

So here is my list of things I am grateful for in no particular order:
  • my daughter who is growing into an articulate young woman
  • my son who is learning what it means to fight battles
  • my husband who is loyal to a fault and so very supportive
  • for a job that allows me some freedom to move around
  • for a roof over my head
  • for property that will allow me to grow my own veggies this summer
  • for friends who listen
  • for ears that work and are able to listen to music that inspires me and to guidance from peers and friend
  • for eyes that see - I love to read and I am grateful that I have this gift
  • for vanilla rooibas tea - my new favourite
  • for longer days
  • for rye bread and peanut butter
Let's make it a grand Tuesday.


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

glad I checked back. hang in there; fight the woe; thanksgiving is huge and Pascha is coming....

Blog Archive