I took this photo this past weekend. I have decided to use it as a guide post. We generally walk this trail at least once a week. I will take the same photo each time to track the change in seasons. It is something. I have really lost my creative way. So, I am looking to start with small, baby steps and develop a discipline and order back into my life.
Yesterday was a day of "woe is me. I am woe". That is when I need to crank up the gratitude and focus on what truly is important. Do the things I am able to do. Have faith. Trust. I am right where I am supposed to be. Instead of lamenting where I am and choices I have made, the only thing for it is to move forward and make different choices. Feeling sorry for myself really gets me nowhere.
So here is my list of things I am grateful for in no particular order:
- my daughter who is growing into an articulate young woman
- my son who is learning what it means to fight battles
- my husband who is loyal to a fault and so very supportive
- for a job that allows me some freedom to move around
- for a roof over my head
- for property that will allow me to grow my own veggies this summer
- for friends who listen
- for ears that work and are able to listen to music that inspires me and to guidance from peers and friend
- for eyes that see - I love to read and I am grateful that I have this gift
- for vanilla rooibas tea - my new favourite
- for longer days
- for rye bread and peanut butter
Let's make it a grand Tuesday.