Friday, April 04, 2008

encroachment and giving due when you should

I worked till 7pm. I drove to st.hermans to meet la famille at liturgy. I arrived to find the township has taken ownership of the two roads that border our property. We have known for a while that the development was coming but it came as a shock to see all the work they have done in just a few short days. We have lost at least 4 parking spots. They have every right to take the land; but it would have been nice to say we are coming.

I have no time. Or that is how it feels. I get up and my day is filled with tasks. My work day is filled with tasks. I am feeling swallowed up. Like I am being swallowed up. My decisions are being questioned at every turn by almost everyone.

I read this post about plagerism and I wonder if I have unknowningly plagerised someone's style. I know that I have eliminated using the first names of my children and my husband for privacy sakes. There are only so many times you can my daughter, my son... my husband. And so I have shortened them to their initials like Blackbird.

So, I will give credit to them both. I love both of their blogs and I take inspiration from their writing and their style. I hope I have not offended.

Things are feeling quite bleak these days. The battle is hard and long and I am failing. We are more than halfway through Lent. I am finding this year particularly trying. I am edgy and grumpy. I am highly irritable. I am not pleasant to be around. I want to sleep off my demons and hide from the cares of the world.
I completely forgot to make my children lunches today. That is unacceptable.

I must do better.

1 comment:

alice c said...

It is very difficult to find private space when you are a working mother. I am sure that this blog is your space to think - I hope that nothing I have written has reduced the pleasure that you find here.

Blog Archive