Friday, August 14, 2009

enough news -

My usual routine in the am is to mosey downstairs and plug the kettle in and turn on the radio. I hear the news and listen to the banter. But, today I shut it off. I made my americano and I decided that for the remainder of my time off - I will keep the radio off. I am listening to Allegri Miserere by the Tallis Scholars and it is beautiful.

I shall alter my universe. Make a tiny adjustment. Already I feel more at peace. It is still raining. Well it stopped for a short while - long enough for the boys to practice - sometime through the night it started raining again.

I think I will bake some chocolate chip cookies.

I will also finish hemming the new curtains for my daughter's room. And perhaps actually begin sewing a hoodie that my son designed. We are using a pattern but we are colour blocking - so one sleeve is green - the other white - one side is green the other white. We started it in the winter and then we got busy and never finished it.

I am also hoping to make myself a pair of wrist warmers. But, I need some needles to knit on the round. Maybe we will check out value village or the local thrift shop today. We have some stuff to drop off so that might be a good thing to do.

I have been slowly organizing my kitchen cupboards and this makes me very happy. I have two cupboards with glass doors - so really my pottery and dishes should kept there - instead we have our sushi making supplies and our canned soups in full view.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

good music and silence can do wonders. good move RW.

I would LOVE to hear that music; I should put on some myself...

sounds like a great plan for the cupboard; bringing beauty in our daily settings takes time and inward space.

Kassianni said...

cool. thanks for the music tip.

blackbird said...

You are very productive. I've just realized that WE have the wrong dishes in our glass-fronted cabinets too!

Mr. P said...

I heard them sing it live at the orpheum, but the live in Rome CD is just a bit better. chilling.
I snuck into the after party and spoke with the members of the choir, I was contemplating going to england after high school to try and sing with them. I guess living in BC and being orthodox will have to suffice. porches, beer, etc. not a bad consolation prize.

Blog Archive