Thursday, December 10, 2009

45 things about me

  1. I love coffee - starbucks french roast is my preference
  2. I am the mother of twins
  3. I am the eldest of 3 sisters
  4. I have a degree in philosophy and medieval woman's studies
  5. I was going to be a nun
  6. I am half Hungarian
  7. I work full time
  8. I failed first year Italian at university
  9. I love the colour orange
  10. I make a fantastic sour cream poppyseed cake
  11. I like to receive letters
  12. I am part Icelandic
  13. I enjoy taking photos
  14. I love to laugh
  15. and eat
  16. and converse with friends
  17. I love the Mountain Goats
  18. and cheese
  19. I own 5 pairs of chuck taylors
  20. I don't much like the wind
  21. I always wear a toque in the winter
  22. I fell into a tree well and lived
  23. I have had 3 back surgeries - and lived
  24. I dye my hair - otherwise I would be fully grey
  25. I love to read magazines
  26. I almost did my Masters of Library Science
  27. I played the bass clarinet in high school
  28. I love hot water
  29. and cheesecake
  30. and christmas lights
  31. I wear only wool socks in the winter
  32. and barefeet in the summer
  33. I have lame vision and usually wear contacts
  34. I am a perfect candidate for lazer eye surgery but I am not interested
  35. I used to practice calligraphy
  36. I read some books on a yearly basis
  37. I use a moleskin daytimer
  38. I use Pilot fineliners
  39. I have an Avon lady
  40. I have been married 17 years
  41. I am an Orthodox Christian
  42. both of parents are alive
  43. I never knew my father's father
  44. I had my nose pierced
  45. Today I turned 45 years old

9 comments:

Tabatha said...

Happy Birthday!

Email me your snail mail address & I will send you a letter.

biss said...

Many Years!
It's a nice list. I like lists.
What books do you read yearly?

Eleanor said...

Happy birthday!

A nun with a nose-ring drinking coffee in Starbucks is a wonderful image. I really like learning more about you, this is a fab post.

Kassianni said...

happy birthday to the best of friends. i <3 you.

Anna Ander said...

Happy Birthday! This is a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. What is a tree well? Off to google "toque" now. See, my English improves daily, thanks to you.

Love,
A.

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! Many Years! Really enjoyed this list!!!

I was relieved to know that there are others who repeat read books - me too.

I am so glad to know you.

T. said...

Happy Birthday!! Thank-you for sharing all of this!!

Mimi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Many Years!

alice c said...

Wishing you happiness this year and fulfilment of your dreams.

Blog Archive