Tuesday, January 31, 2012

new week






I always have such high hopes for Mondays.   My list is long and random.  I usually am OK with the "what gets done gets done" attitude.  But, for some reason I went to bed with disappointment in my inability to accomplish all the tasks I charged myself.

It is a new semester for my daughter.  My son is slogging through the linear system.  Slogging seems a fairly accurate word.   He is trying to find his way and we are attempting to be the best flagposts/ guides/ coaches/ cheerleaders/ we can be.  It is my hope and prayer that he will soon find something that will light the fire within and give him the motivation to keep learning.

We are on the verge of February.  Thoughts of spring occasionally wander through my brain.  I am still working on the embracing the winter months.   It is too early to think of flowers/ seeds/ gardening.  Deck sitting.   One more snowfall would be nice.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

thinking of you and of L.

MacrinaQuin said...

until then there are TULIPS!

Kassianni said...

oh man. poor boy. I can totally relate. monotony can be deadening. my thoughts and prayers are with your sweet boy.

Blog Archive